Searching For The Spark is a 22CD deluxe box set containing all the work Steve Hillage recorded from his studio debut (1969’s Arzachel) to the first System 7 album in 1991
The set includes:
* Khan’s Space Shanty, 1972.
* All eight of Hillage’s classic Virgin Records solo albums – Fish Rising, L, Motivation Radio, Green, Live Herald, Rainbow Dome Music, Open (and Studio Herald), For To Next (and its companion And Not Or) plus bonus tracks.
* System 7’s debut from 1991.
* Live in Deeply Vale, 1978.
* Two BBC performances from The Paris Theatre recorded in December 1976 and November 1979.
* Eight CDs featuring recordings taken from Steve’s personal archive, including four concert performances (Brighton Dome November 1977, Munich April 1979, Hammersmith Odeon November 1979, The Steve Hillage Band Live At The Gong Family Unconvention 2006) and four discs (Sparks Volumes 1-4) packed with previously unheard and unreleased tracks, demos and alternate takes.
Accompanying the recordings is a 188 page – 32,000 word – coffee table book. Written and assembled by Steve Hillage and Gong family expert Jonny Greene, the book contains hundreds of rare and previously unseen photographs and cuttings.
In addition there are three reproduction promo posters, two lyric booklets, an enamel badge, a 60 page scrap book containing more photographs and cuttings and a certificate of authenticity signed by Steve Hillage and his creative partner Miquette Giraudy.
Price is £200 and it’s out on 2 December 2016